by Ryan Banfill, FJA Communications Director The Florida Senate Banking and Insurance Committee this week…
A personal message from Interim Executive Director, Paul Jess:
Hurricane Irma is a dangerous and potentially life-threatening Category 5 storm. With record-breaking wind speeds and a diameter twice as wide as the Florida peninsula, it goes on record as one of the strongest hurricanes in history.
I urge you to take the necessary precautions to keep yourself and your family safe.
Below are links to resources to help you with your preparations:
Supplies Checklists/Preparedness Tips
- Hurricane Checklist – News 13
- Ten Essential Tips to Prepare for Hurricane Irma – Miami New Times
- Ready.gov – Hurricanes
Evacuation Zones, Routes, and StormSurge Zones
- Florida Division of Emergency Management
- FLGov.com – Gov. Scott Issues Updates on Hurricane Irma Preparedness
- Orlando area – Orlando Weekly
- Brevard County – Florida Today
- Miami-Dade County – Miami New Times
- South Florida – Sun Sentinel
Thank you, and please stay safe.
FJA Interim Executive Director