De-Mystifying the New Summary Judgment Rule (Webinar)
De-Mystifying the New Summary Judgment Rule- the Important Things You Need to Know to Succeed in Your Summary Judgment Practice
Join the FJA for an important and timely webinar discussing the recent changes to the Summary Judgment rule, including what’s new, how Florida’s directed verdict standard will be applied, and how you can be prepared and succeed at your law practice.
De-Mystifying the New Summary Judgment Rule: Important Things You Need to Know to Succeed in Your Summary Judgment Practice
When: Thursday, May 27, 2021
Time: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Location: via Zoom
This webinar is provided at no-cost to FJA members.
Thank you to our program chair for putting together this webinar!
Maegen Peek Luka| Newsome Melton | Orlando
- 9:00 a.m.
- Breaking Down the Rule: What’s New, What Stayed the Same, and the Meaning in the Differences
- Maegen Peek Luka | Newsome Melton | Orlando
- 9:40 a.m.
- Navigating the Nuances of Federal Summary Judgment Law
- Andrew A. Harris | Harris Appeals, P.A. | Palm Beach Gardens
- Illuminating How Florida's Directed Verdict Standard Will Be Applied in Deciding Summary Judgment Motions
- Jessie Leigh Harrell |The Harrell Firm | Jacksonville
- 11:00 a.m.
- The Magic Words: Tips on Drafting Motions, Responses, And Orders in the New Era
- Courtney Brewer | Bishop & Mills | Tallahassee
- 11:40 a.m.
- Q & A Session
- Bring your Questions!