2022 AFTL Fellows Retreat
Join your fellow Fellows for a weekend of fun, sun, island food and camaraderie! Bimini, known for its big game fishing, uncrowded beaches and partying nightlife, is also referred to as author Ernest Hemingway’s retreat. Hemingway, who first visited Bimini in 1935, engaged in sport fishing or big game fishing in Bimini for a number of years.
The Bimini Islands, a haven for beachgoers and water sports enthusiasts, are a mere 50 miles from Miami Beach. Located right in the middle of the Gulf Stream, Bimini attracts hundreds of marine animals and pleasant temperatures year-round. Though relatively overlooked in the Caribbean, the Bimini Islands have always been popular with deep-sea fishermen.
My esteemed Fellows and Distinguished Fellows: It’s been way too long since we all got together under relaxed circumstances and shared ideas about what’s important. Thank you for joining me and your “Fellows” colleagues at our Bimini Bash Retreat. The 2019 retreat to Marsh Harbor was cancelled due to a direct hit by Hurricane Dorian; the rescheduled retreat to Bimini in spring of 2020 was cancelled due to Covid-19. The third time will be the charm! See you in April in paradise. – Chris Searcy
Friday, April 8th
- 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- Cocktails and Open Bar
- Monkey Business Outdoor Bar
- 7pm - 9pm
- Dinner (Monkey Business Restaurant)
- Enjoy a dinner of: Cracked Conch with Tartar Sauce, Conch Salad, Mini Lobster Salad Martinis, Caesar Salad with Shaved Parmesan, Garlic & Herb Croutons, Organic Mixed Greens Garden Salad with Tropical Fruit Vinaigrette, Bahamian Potato Salad, Shredded Cabbage Slaw, Local Grouper Grilled wrapped in Foil, Grilled Lobster Tails / In Season, Mango Chicken Breast, Slow Cooked Alice Town BBQ Ribs, Peas & Rice, Grilled Sweet White Corn, Assorted Local Breads, Miniature Cookies, Guava Duff, Rum Bread Pudding, Sliced Seasonal Fruits, Jonny Cakes
Saturday, April 9th
- 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Enjoy a Day on your Own!
- Enjoy a day of fishing, boating, beaching, snorkeling, spa, etc. Need more help planning? <a href="https://www.islands.com/story/resorts/how-to-spend-three-days-in-bimini/">Click here</a>.
- 6:30pm - 9:00pm
- Group Dinner (Bimini Big Game Club – Outfitter Beach Bash Buffet)
- <strong>Join us on Saturday for a fun evening at the Bimini Big Game Club, with an open bar and a two-piece band! </strong>Dance the night away while enjoying cocktails and a delicious dinner off property. The dinner menu will include: Conch Chowder Spike with Junkanoo Rum; Caesar Salad; Asparagus & Tomato Salad; Greek Salad; Grilled Mahi Mahi with mango salsa; Rosemary Roasted Pork Loin with apple chutney; Grilled Jerk Chicken Breast with pineapple salsa; Garlic Roasted Mash Potatoes; Basil Infused Roasted Vegetables; Key Lime Pie; Mango Cheesecake; Ginger and Cinnamon Fruit Salad.
Sunday, April 10th
- 8:00am - 4:00pm
- All meals on your own
- A day in Bimini to do whatever strikes your fancy! Fishing, boating, beaching, snorkeling, shopping, swimming … it’s your day to do what you want. Need activity ideas? <a href="https://www.bahamas.com/islands/bimini" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Click here</a>.
- Cigars, Bourbon, and Brainstorning (Piano Bar Terrace)
- Led by Chris Searcy
Monday, April 11th
- All Day
- All meals on your own
- Another day in paradise to explore the island, the waters, the spa … or simply do nothing at all!
Tuesday, April 12th
- 8:30am - 9:30am
- Breakfast (Hilton Piano Bar)
- Say goodbye to your friends over Chilled Orange and Grapefruit Juice; Freshly Sliced Tropical Fruits & Berries; Scrambled Eggs; Brioche French Toast with Fresh Berries Compote; Applewood Smoked Bacon; Apple Chicken Sausage and New Potato Home Fries; Assorted Bagels, Danish, Muffins and Croissants; Plain and Vegetable Cream Cheese