(Webinar) Omnibus Tort Legislation Update: Understanding HB 837 [For Paralegals/Legal Assistants Only]
Last week the Governor signed one of the largest rights-grabbing pieces of legislation in recent history, CS/CS/HB 837, which significantly limits the ability of Floridians to hold wrongdoers accountable and effectively gives Big Insurance the keys to our state and our court process.
The effective date was Friday, March 24. Changes in statutes regarding negligence cases go into effect for causes of action filed after the effective date.
Please register now and plan to join us for our webinar where we will discuss the legislation and its impact on your practices. This webinar is free for FJA Paralegal/Legal Assistant members.
WEBINAR PRESENTATION – FJA MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED
Not a member and want to participate on this webinar? Join FJA today or contact the FJA Members Services Department by calling (850) 521-1093 or email email@example.com or assistance.
- FJA Paralegal/Legal Assistant Members | April 5, 11:30am-1:00pm
To maintain consistency in the information provided, this webinar will include a replay of Monday’s webinar but will also include a live Q & A for Paralegals and Legal Assistants.
Once registered you will be able to locate your individual Zoom link in your online “My CLE Classroom” located on your “My Account” page.Just prior to the start of the webinar:
– Click “My Account” in the top right corner of the website (login if not already logged into your FJA account).
– Click “My CLE Classroom” from the left menu.
– In the Education Center click the “My Activity” tab.
– Click the “2023 Omnibus Tort Legislation Update Webinar” seminar title.
– Click the “Join Webinar” button on the right side of the screen.