Damaged houses after Hurricane Michael , WikiMedia It’s been a year since Hurricane Michael hit Northwest…
The Florida Justice Association (FJA) recently began welcoming citizens into our member-based organization. The participation of citizens has empowered the FJA and established it as an even more powerful force of change in our state. Citizen members have the strength of the FJA coalition behind them as we collectively fight to promote safety and protect all Floridians.
We need help from people who benefit from the laws for which we have advocated. People like you, who know firsthand how uncaring insurance companies and big corporations can be, and who understand how our laws can work to give the power back to the people of Florida. As a Citizen Member, you will have your voice heard by our legislators when they’re considering legislation that will limit or eliminate your rights if you ever suffer another injury or loss.
The 2021 Legislative Session has officially begun March 2, marking the start of the 60-day legislative session.
We are working hard to advance our proactive agenda and defend against some of the most egregious anti-consumer legislation we have seen in recent years, including COVID liability for businesses, property insurance, and farming operations.
This is the opportunity to stand on the front lines of FJA’s effort to protect Florida’s civil justice system by supporting pro-justice leaders and future leaders in the Legislature, and to preserve your rights and legal protections in the courts.
Here are some of the amazing Citizen Member Benefits:
- Discounts at Office Depot and other businesses
- Free subscription to The Consumer Alliance a quarterly newsletter/magazine that covers important topics relating to the Civil Justice system
- Special Invitation to participate in FJA Citizens Advocacy Institute
- Amplify your voice on issues affecting all Floridians
- Access to unique opportunities like op-eds, media interviews, and an opportunity to meet with Florida lawmakers and share your story
- Opportunity to connect with other Floridians who have been impacted by the civil justice system
The Membership Department is always here to answer any questions you may have about the Citizen Member Program. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (850) 521-1038.